Submissions for Award Consideration
New investigators who are notified that their abstracts have been accepted for podium presentation as completed research have two opportunities to have their papers considered for an award. These award papers must not have been accepted for presentation at another regional or national meeting or for publication. Those interested in being considered either for the Carol A. Lindeman Award for a New Researcher or the Patsy A. Perry Award for Biological Research should check the appropriate button on the WIN online abstract submission form.
Carol A. Lindeman Award for a New Researcher
Candidates for consideration as a recipient of the Carol A. Lindeman Award for a New Researcher must:
1. Be a new researcher (defined as a graduate student) or a nurse researcher no more than two years post highest degree;
2. Have assumed primary responsibility for conceptualization, design and conduct for the report studied; and
3. Have an abstract for completed research selected by the Program Committee for podium presentation or as part of a symposium.
Individuals who wish to be considered for the Lindeman Award for a New Researcher and who have their abstracts accepted for podium presentation will submit a paper of up to five (5) pages on the completed research by the deadline of Friday, January 12, 2018. Further instructions regarding the award will be sent after the notification of acceptance of the abstract for presentation at the 2018 conference. Papers will be reviewed by the Program Committee, which will make the selection of the award.
Patsy A. Perry Award for Biological Nursing Research
Candidates for consideration as a recipient of the Patsy A. Perry Award for Biological Nursing Research must:
1. Be a doctoral student, post-doctoral fellow or nurse researcher not more than two years post doctoral degree;
2. Have assumed primary responsibility for the conceptualization, the experimental or quasi-experimental design, and the conduct of the study reported;
3. Have conducted a study dealing with biological/physiological phenomenon, preferably basic science questions; and
4. Have an abstract for the completed research selected by the Program Committee for a podium presentation.
Individuals who indicate they would like their research abstract on biological/physiological phenomenon, including basic science questions, considered for the Perry Award will check the appropriate button in the awards section of the abstract submission form. Those abstracts accepted for podium presentation as completed research at the 2018 WIN conference will be reviewed by the Patsy A. Perry Award Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will make the selection of the award recipient. The award recipient will then submit a completed five (5) page paper for publication in the proceedings by Monday, January 29, 2018.