The University of Arizona seeks an Associate Dean, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (T/TE).
Department College of Nursing
Department Website Link Visit the College of Nursing
Location University of Arizona Health Sciences
Address 1305 N Martin Ave, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position Highlights: Join the University of Arizona's College of Nursing (CON) as the inaugural Associate Dean for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion!
This senior administrative position offers a unique opportunity to lead the strategic direction of the College's ED&I activities and a program of research in health equity.
As an experienced leader with a background in university administration, a strong commitment to ED&I, and a history of NIH funded health equity research, you will collaborate with stakeholders to promote an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment for faculty, staff, and students.
In this role, you'll be an integral member of the College's leadership team, collaborating closely with the Dean. You'll also liaise with the UArizona Office of Diversity and Inclusion and the Health Sciences Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, amplifying the impact of your work beyond the College.
This position will be at 0.50 FTE and it is expected that the candidate will couple their deanship FTE with responsibilities of a faculty member towards a 1.0 FTE. The successful candidate will have an active program of research with opportunities for teaching. The successful candidate will meet the requirements of a career track or tenure-track faculty according to the college and university guidelines. The candidate must qualify for appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. Salary is commensurate with faculty rank and experience.
Apply now for the Associate Dean for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion position and help shape the future of health equity research and health education.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead faculty and staff in the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion to develop, implement, and evaluate initiatives and activities that promote ED&I in the CON.
• Collaborate with Human Resources, Faculty Affairs, and Academic Affairs regarding strategies to create and strengthen diverse representation in faculty and students, and increase retention of diverse faculty and students.
• Lead recurring training of CON stakeholders to unify constituents around ED&I initiatives creating a cohesive culture within the CON
•Seek foundation or external funding opportunities for ED&I initiatives.
•Conduct a robust program of research that increases health equity and incorporates social determinants of health.
• PhD or equivalent in Nursing or a related field.
• Qualifications commensurate with appointment level of Full or Associate Professor.
• Familiarity with research methods and experience conducting assessment and evaluation of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness initiatives.
• Demonstrated commitment to serving diverse populations/communities representing a range of social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial, and/or ethnic backgrounds.
• Record of funded research in the area of health equity or equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Record of teaching and mentoring faculty and graduate students.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development in the field of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a strategic vision for equity, diversity, and inclusiveness initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategies for diverse talent acquisition and retention of faculty, staff, and students.
• A strong understanding of various cultural identities, experiences, and perspectives, along with an ability to navigate and address issues related to intersectionality.
• Experience in designing and delivering research/educational programs, workshops, and training sessions on equity, diversity, and inclusiveness topics.
• Demonstrated understanding of laws and regulations related to ED&I.
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week 40
Job FTE 1.0
Work Calendar Fiscal
Job Category Academic Administration
Benefits Eligible Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay DOE
Compensation Type salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies 1
Contact Information for Candidates Isabel M Chavez | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Date 7/31/2023
Open Until Filled Yes
Documents Needed to Apply Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter
• 1. Cover Letter
• 2. Current Curriculum Vitae
*If invited for an interview, please be prepared to provide three professional references, including their names, positions, and contact information.
Diversity Statement At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.