In 1988, Jeanne Kearns, formerly Executive Director of WIN, established the Jo Eleanor Elliott Leadership Award. This award honors Jo Eleanor Elliott for outstanding leadership while serving as the Director of Nursing Programs at WICHE and the Executive Secretary of WCHEN from 1957-1980.
|1988||Anna Shannon, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT|
|1989||Ellamae Branstetter, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ|
|1990||Jean Lum, University of Hawai'i, Honolulu, HI|
|1991||Carol Lindeman, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR|
|1992||Marylou McAthie, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA|
|1993||Juanita Murphy, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ|
|1994||Elizabeth Nichols, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY|
|1995||Gerry Hanson, Weber State University, Ogden, UT|
|1996||Thelma Cleveland, Intercollegiate Center for Nursing Education, Spokane, WA|
|1997||Barbara Derwinski-Robinson, Montana State University, Billings, MT|
|1998||Jeanne Kearns, Western Institute of Nursing, Boulder, CO|
|1999||Marie F. Branch, Former Project Director, WICHE, Boulder, CO|
|2000||Helen Ripple, University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, San Francisco, CA|
|2001||Elaine Sorensen Marshall, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT||Pamela H. Mitchell, University of Washington, Seattle, WA|
|2002||Tina D. DeLapp, University of Alaska Anchorage, Anchorage, AK|
|2003||Jane E. Hirsch, University of California San Francisco Medical Center, San Francisco, CA|
|2004||Kathleen Chafey, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT|
|2007||Carol A. Ashton, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID||Terry A. Badger, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ|
|2008||Marie J. Driever, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, WA|
|2012||Margaret M. Heitkemper, University of Washington, Seattle, WA|
|2013||Kathy Magilvy, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO|
|2017||Judith A. Berg, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ|
|2018||Martha J. Lentz, University of Washington, Seattle, WA|
|2019||Lauren Clark, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT|
|2020||Sheena Ferguson, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM|
- Each nominee must have a sponsor and two co-sponsors. The individual who is submitting the nomination must be an individual member of WIN or be from a WIN member agency.
- The online nomination form must be completed and submitted for each nominee.
Each nomination must include the sponsor’s nominating statement and letters of support from the two co-sponsors. None of the statements shall exceed 500 words.
- Each statement must include information about how:
- The nominator knows the nominee and for how long; and
- The nominee has directly or indirectly furthered the mission and goals of WIN through: service on the Board and/or committees; development/implementation of projects (WIN or others); and contributions to the profession of nursing.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Nominees for the Jo Eleanor Elliott Award must be a nurse who was, or is, actively involved in WCHEN/WIN.
- Nomination materials must provide evidence that the individual provides, or has provided, outstanding leadership for nurses, such as:
- Serving as a member of the Board, committees, task forces and/or advisory committees, or as a staff member;
- Supporting the development/implementation of projects or of WCHEN/WIN projects;
- Contributing to the profession of nursing in ways that directly or indirectly promoted, or have promoted, achievement of WCHEN/WIN mission and goals.
The WIN Awards Committee will select the recipient. The sponsor will have the opportunity to notify the award recipient prior to notification by WIN.
PRESENTATION OF AWARD
The Jo Eleanor Elliott Leadership Award will be presented at the 2021 WIN Conference.
WIN is not able to defray registration fees or reimburse travel expenses for the award recipient, sponsor, or co-sponsors.
The completed online nomination form, the letter from the sponsor, and the letters from the co-sponsors must be received in the WIN office no later than Sunday, November 1, 2020.
Please use the online nomination form for submitting your nomination. Click here for the form