UCSF Tenure-Track Faculty Position
UCSF Tenure-Track Faculty Position
University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), Department of Family Health Care Nursing announces a search for a ladder rank tenure track faculty position.
UCSF is seeking a visionary scientist with an established or promising research program to strengthen and expand our current research portfolio by joining our vibrant and collaborative research community.
As a premier public university and a national and global leader in the preparation of nurse scientists, the UCSF Department of Family Health Care Nursing is committed to advancing scholarship and teaching in parent, child, and family health. We are particularly interested in nurse scientists focusing on implementing science and serving underserved and vulnerable populations and integrating with clinical practices, clinical science, and population health.
The successful candidate will be expected to establish a robust research program, to join one of our top-rank interdisciplinary graduate programs (see https://graduate.ucsf.edu/list-programs), to excel at graduate teaching and inclusive mentoring, and participate in activities that promote equity and inclusion. Service and teaching expectations are comparable to those of a tenure-track faculty position. Faculty appointments will be made at an assistant, associate or full professorial rank commensurate with current academic standing. UCSF offers competitive salaries, research set-up funds, and recruitment allowances and has numerous opportunities for faculty development and further training in mentorship.
Selected candidates will be appointed at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in the Ladder Rank (tenure-earning) series depending upon qualifications.
- Ph.D. in Nursing or related field at the start of the appointment.
- Active, or eligible for, unencumbered RN licensure issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching/mentoring, research/creative work, professional activities, and university/public service consistent with the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor rank.
- Demonstrated success or potential in the development of a funded program of scholarship.
- Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
- Experience in leadership of multidisciplinary research teams.
- Demonstrated impact of research.
- Demonstrated expertise in teaching, mentoring and/or research that addresses the experience of underrepresented minorities.
- Experience working with underserved and diverse populations.
- Strong communication, writing, problem-solving and interpersonal abilities.
- Clinical experience as an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN).
- Teaching and advising graduate students in nursing and sociology
- Developing/establishing a program of research in parents, child or family health that is synergistic with emphases of the department and/or other organized research units on campus
- Disseminating research knowledge and engaging in professional activities at local, regional, national, and international levels
- Contributing to the leadership and direction of UCSF, the School of Nursing and the Department of Family Health Care Nursing
Applications must be submitted online and include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
- Statement of Research - Two pages description of research accomplishments and one page description of future research plans.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement of contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion with particular attention to formal and informal mentoring activities.
Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
- Three Reference Contacts Information
- Statement of Teaching
- Copies of major publications may be included. (Optional)
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04380.
The posted UC salary scales set the minimum pay determined by rank and step at appointment. See Table 5: https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2022-23/oct-2022-salary-scales/t5-summary.pdf. The minimum base salary range for this position is $90,500 - $284,100. This position includes membership in the health sciences compensation plan (https://ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-670.pdf) which provides for eligibility for additional compensation.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
San Francisco, CA